7.12.2008

Meetup.com

My First Group RIDE!!!! And by group I mean more than 1 person that I don't know. Which means there were 3 total (including me). We did the Victoria Ave ride in Riverside, CA. Its a ride I've done a few times before so I felt comfortable. That's until we got going and I got dusted. But I know that I only average 12 Mph on that ride so I was expecting to be passed by a little girl on a tricycle. Here my and Billy before the ride...

See me smiling next Mr. I just got finish with THE tour and I'm looking for a warm down. hahaha. And here's Gary and I afterwards...


It kinda reminds me of an old 80's song..."Age groupers just wanna have fun!" Sorry about the prison-lean-pose. It was a nice ride as usual but something out of the norm was when I looked at my Garmin. I average 14 MPH!!! Yes lady's and jelly-spoons, I PR'd the ride. I guess when you look at people far upfront that you're supposed to be riding "with" you tend to push just a little harder. And for me, that little harder equated to 2 Mph increase. Nice. Taw taw for now.

2 comments:

SixTwoThree said...

Now that's what I like to see man. Keep it up!

Kris said...

Glad to see you found a group that can give you that extra "push". I am hoping to get back into triathlons after my move South.