11.02.2007

Recovery...NOT!

One of the many reasons I haven't been posting can be seen in this picture:


Yes those are bruises.

Once upon a time I this was me...

And that is a black belt around my waist. As you can tell, it's been a while. TriChef has a friend that is opening a martial arts studio. Guess who stopped by to take a look. It was the first time I've stepped into a studio in years. After some stretching and observing I was invited for a little friendly "light" sparring. First lets take a look at the sensei's credentials. The studio is called PacTKD. Go to the staff tab and look on the right side...yeah. Thats who I got my butt kicked by. But at the end of the day I was happy with my performance. The only problem is that my body does react as quickly as it used to. Hence the bruises.


Why do I like pain? I guess its for the same reason I got into triathlon...testing one's self.

3 comments:

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Ouch! Stay well, bro.

Stay tuned...

Kris said...

Sorry to hear you had some bruises inflicted upon you. It sucks to get older sometimes...god knows my knees tell me everyday. I hope you have had a wonderful holiday!

Steve Stenzel said...

Dang...Ouch.....