7.10.2007

Riverside Ride

Another ride with TriChef under the belt. We met up at my place in the morning (for the record, its not supposed to be HOT at 7AM!). We drove out to Riverside, CA. and took the backroad that runs parallel to the 215 Freeway (Victoria St). We started down at La Sierra and went straight up to Central and back again. Its a nice ride with no turns (except for the turnaround) that goes through orange orchards and beautiful homes.

Note: I'll have a picture of the route posted soon (Most of my routes can be found at http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/)

I finally got around to tweaking my cleats. I shifted them as far back as possible so that they sit close to my instep. Guess what?!?! No more shooting pain in my ankles after the ride. [heavenly] aawwwwww. When I get some scratch together I'll be giving the people down at TriZone a call to get fitted on my ride.

6 comments:

SixTwoThree said...

Tracking the swim is somewhat of a guestimate. In the Bay at Long Beach it's a quarter of a mile from the bridge to the docks. We turned around before the corner to avoid the kayakers, so we figured we skipped just shy of 100 yards. There are posted measurements for little Corona Del Mar too. Think that's the same distance - 800 yards to do the whole length of the buoys - back and forth. Head down there on a Sunday morning and you'll have lots of company with the Orange County Tri Club.

Wes said...

Nice ride, TriV! I heartily recommend the fitting. It did wonders for me.

Marcy said...

Thanks for stopping by!! Your wife is a good woman! LOL Always gotta keep the men down LOL JK!

Great job on the ride! Always nice not to have any pain, huh? hehe

Unknown said...

Glad to read that the bike cleat adjustment took care of pain. YAY for that!!

Go for the fitting. I think you will be happy about the outcome.

Kris said...

I loved the fitting I got for my bike, so its defenitely worth getting. So proud of you for sticking to the bike.

GP said...

So, let me get this straight (in response to your comment on my post): you have your iPod hooked up to bike-speakers? Wowzaas. I don't know if that's crazy or if I'm just plain jealous. Probably the latter.

I always think that having something to distract me would be nice... just something else to listen to other than the voice in my head telling me what an idiot I am for riding my bike to work!